We have an immediate opening for an Education Pavilion Operations Manager to oversee and manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations for the Lux Education Pavilion, including complete financial management of classes and programs, facility management, legal compliance, and vendor relationships. Teaching positions report directly to the Education Pavilion Operations Manager.
The Education Pavilion Operations Manager is a critical member of the Lux Art Institute\'s senior staff, reporting to the Executive Director, who will develop and implement new programs in the Education Pavilion.
This is an exciting period of growth to join Lux Art Institute as we strategically plan for the programming of Lux’s 10th Anniversary Season. Lux’s Education Programs are central to Lux’s mission, and launched in 2001 with our outreach program, the Valise project. This position will play a critical role in creating new and inspiring programs that pair with Lux’s innovative residency program. If you think you are the right candidate please submit your cover letter, resume, salary history and references to email@example.com subject line ‘Education Pavilion Operations Manager’.
We look forward to meeting you!
• Direct and oversee implementation of new programming and management of education staffing and affiliated programs
• Prepare education reports on programming, success, revenue, and attendance
• Collaborate with Development Manager in the research and preparation of education grants to sustain the education scholarship fund and fund additional projects
• Develop & manage education budget relative to both expenses and revenue: act as lead in work with Director and Senior Staff in the development of an operational budget for Education Pavilion programs and oversee that the organization operates within budget guidelines
• Develop a utilization plan for the Education Pavilion with related revenue goals
• Manage Education staff including scheduling and facilitation of performance evaluations
• Oversee and manage all teaching artists and contractors
• Oversee management of the Linda Formo Brandes Gallery in collaboration the curatorial team
• Ensure activities comply with contracts
• Work with facilities manager in the coordination of maintenance of building interior and exterior, negotiate contracts with facility vendors including security, landscape, cleaning, utilities, etc.
• Act as liaison for construction and remodels. Correspond with project managers, architect, city officials, and contractor
• Assist with events, including set up, parking, lighting, risk management, and staffing, as needed
• Collaborate with Development Manager in fundraising efforts related to Education Pavilion including the maintenance of a scholarship fund
• Develop facility rental events like birthday parties in collaboration with Development and Events team